We bring you some good news from the goodnewsnetwork.org because this entire world needs some lifting up right now. We also talk a little more about some fun days to celebrate this fine, lovely second week of April. And Kym talks about sifting through owl poop and finding rat teeth. Read all those sentences again. Vurrrrry slowly. One is not like the others. It’s what we do.
Yep, Kym is BACK! Still by phone only, which is the new norm of course. We do a little catch-up, talking about the latest state of the union – NAY, the world – because we’re not sure there’s anyone actually on the planet having a conversation that has 100% nothing to do with coronavirus self-sheltering life. Well, come to think of it, we’ve heard of some people… thems that got no t.v.., radio, internet, phone, – living so far removed from technology and “civilization” and literally not even knowing we’re out here flailing around with bandana masks and hair-coloring kit gloves, losing our collective minds. Not gonna lie…we’re a hint of jealous. Anyway, the rest of us, we’re just over here talking about life on lockdown these last hmmmphsssaaahhy days (we don’t know anymore….21? 53? 1,203,290,932?).
So, to set the scene: We’re talking, catching up before getting into the topic – just chatting about working from home (or occasionally having to go into the office), Kym’s ongoing ordeal with tying up the loose ends from her dad’s passing, rainy April weather, the million+ mark in CV19 cases, Chris Cuomo’s tooth-breaking covid chills, nature-watching, recovery meeting hackers, celebrities entertaining us,
a**holes billionaires quarantined on their yachts, ginger sun-basking, binge-watching Time Team, teen-agers in quarantine, Dog TV on DirecTV, Micheal Rapaport cussing out the parents of the world, and…Kym’s “collection of owl poop.”
Yes, in episode 90 you will hear Kym launch the most stellar detour in the history of The Mugly Truth Podcast detours. Deeeeeerailed. We said bye to the road. Hurtled down that brushy path. Flew into the woods. Straight over the cliff. She slid that comment in slicker than…owl s**t.
And just as easily we got back on track and down to business. Because it’s what we do. It’s why our listeners love us. All five of you. Thank you from the bottom of our owl-crap-sifting hearts.
For links we mention in the episode, check out this list below:
- To Mask or Not To Mask. For information about wearing masks outside in California, go here.
- That News Source Place. Oh, Kris. THIS is what Reuters is.
- From Russia With Love. Check out how Russia is helping us in our time of need in this goodnewsnetwork.org article, Russia Sends Cargo Plane of Medical Supplies to US: ‘There is no alternative to working together’
- Australia Update. Read about how Australia is moving forward with a little help from philanthropists in this article, Scorched Australia is Getting Power Back Thanks to New Solar Grids Funded by Philanthropist Couple, by McKinley Corbley at goodnewsnetwork.org
- ReRecycling. There may be an answer to our recycling woes, as highlighted in this article, Revolutionary New Recycling Method for Plastic and Waste is Solving Two Problems With One Stream, by Andy Corbley at goodnewsnetwork.org. (And, yeah, Kris had that “two birds/one stone” right…it’s in the URL.)
- India’s Women Warriors. Read McKinley Corbley’s article Landmark Ruling Finally Grants Women Equal Rights in the Indian Military to find out more about India giving their female military personnel equal rights.
- Oh April, You Fool. For the list of really fun days you can observe in April, check out Kai Church’s article April – Special Days of the Year at thefactsite.com
- That Makes No Cents. Yeah, it really does cost more to make a penny (and apparently a nickel, dime and quarter) than it’s worth. So sayeth the numismatics at coinnews.net as of 2018.
Check out The Mugly Truth Podcast’s episode “Oh, Owl Poop!” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Libsyn, Pocket Cast, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or anywhere you listen to podcasts. Then all you need to do is 1) subscribe 2) download and 3) listen! AND!!! 4) If you enjoy what you hear, please leave a rating and a review (pretty please?). The more subscribers and reviews we get, the more opportunities we get to grow this podcast and bring you richer content.
And don’t forget to follow us here at themuglytruth.com (click that blue WordPress Follow button on the right side of your screen) so you get notifications every time we post an episode blog! You can also follow The Mugly Truth on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© The Mugly Truth 2020 and © The Mugly Truth Podcast 2020. All rights reserved.
Intro and outro music, “Clever as a Fox” by Espresso Music through premiumbeats.com.
Featured photo of April Bujo by Bich Tran on Pexels.com