Happy Anniversary to The Mugly Truth Podcast! Or is it Happy Birthday? Either way….WHERE’S THE PRESENTS? Aw that’s ok…the greatest gift we could ever get is knowing we may have brought a smile, smirk, giggle, chortle, belly laugh or a thoughtful HUHHH? throughout our ONE YEAR OF PODCASTING! On July 3rd, 2018, we posted our first recording link right here in this blog. Today’s Anniversary Eve episode has no bells and whistles, no “best of” clips…it’s really just more of what we do…we got together and talked down memory lane (see what we did there?) in a retrospective covering our favorite moments, stories, and episodes!
Some of those include:
- The very first time we recorded a podcast with our dear friend Paul Wilborn of the Having Beers With Podcast
- Our Old Town Orange photoshoot with Kimberly Sickle, photographer extraordinaire!
- Our offsite recordings where we battle the elements…like helicopters, howling dogs, leafblowers and ghosts at Kym’s house, up in Big Bear, and on a ghost walk in Orange.
- Sitting side-by-side using one mic to record our first few episodes. Cozy!
- That annoying, gimmicky cuss jar! We kind of miss it.
- Having some of our close friends join us to record: Stacy, Kim, and Terin, and (naughty) game night with Tony, Heather, and Joey.
- Recurring themes: Spiders, off-key singing, mispronouncing words, cussing, detours, creative facts, Arbor Day, true crime, and ghosts.
- Our followers being coined Muglies. Love it or hate it, you’re a Mugly if you listen to us. Cheers mate!
- Kym’s amazing drop-the-mic stories including quite a few starring Kym’s granddad, aka Captain Looseass. Don’t fret, there’s a couple new ones in this episode.
It’s kind of difficult to pinpoint a few favorites…believe us, we tried. But when we start listing them, it’s almost impossible to narrow it down because there’s something we truly enjoyed from each and every show! Honestly, it’s been such a kick for us to get together, ramble, record it, and then put it out into the world and THEN get feedback from YOU saying you enjoy listening! How amazing is that? We feel so blessed and grateful to have an audience to laugh with, talk to and entertain. We certainly intend to continue to do so, and enjoy growing along with you. Thank you for being a part of the Mugly Truth family.
Check out “Happy Anniversary To Us!” episode on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Libsyn, Pocket Cast, Stitcher or anywhere you listen to podcasts. Then all you need to do is 1) subscribe 2) download and 3) listen! AND!!! 4) If you enjoy what you hear, please leave a rating and a review (pretty please?). The more subscribers and reviews we get, the more opportunities we get to grow this podcast and bring you richer content.
And don’t forget to follow us here at themuglytruth.com (click that blue WordPress Follow button on the right side of your screen) so you get notifications every time we post an episode blog! You can also follow The Mugly Truth on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.