Today’s episode comes straight up with NSFW, NSF kids, and sexual trigger warnings. The first 31 minutes of the episode are a discussion of unusual sexual fetishes. While we don’t go into graphic details, the mention of certain acts, and also specific bodily functions (such as throwing up), could be triggers so, you’ve been warned! Maybe don’t eat before hand. We’re just sayin’.
On the plus side, there are some fetishes out there we’d never heard of so this episode was a real learning experience for us both! And as we say at the beginning, we do not discuss these topics to demean, have a laugh at, or degrade anyone who has any of these fetishes, however we do have honest reactions to the different examples. While they are not our cup of tea, that doesn’t mean they aren’t fine for others. Like we say, as long as someone is not doing harm to themselves or others and everyone involved is consenting, YOU DO YOU BOO!
If you feel like you’d rather skip that part of the show, go ahead and fast forward to the 31 minute mark where we wrap up the fetish talk and begin discussing some really fascinating psychological disorders. It’s really not that bad, honestly, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t give you the heads up.
To say the least, we ended up walking away from this recording absolutely amazed at the power of the human brain.
And you know, being us, and this episode being full of big words, we mispronounce most of the names of both fetishes and disorders all over the place. Just beginning to end it’s an exercise in futility for both of us trying to spit out the big ol’ wordy stuff. It’s what we do.
For links to the articles we reference, check out the following links.
- 10 of the World’s Weirdest Fetishes by Shanice Farodoye at evademagazine.com
- Survival of the Fetish Mark D. Griffiths Ph.D, at psychologytoday.com.
- Eight Weird Fetishes That Really Exist by Keri Blakenger nydailynews.com ***Photo WARNING!*** If you click on that link please be warned there are photos which could be disturbing. For instance, the first photo is about eyeball licking and further down there’s a picture of a guy puking, which weeeeeeee don’t like, so…you know. WARNED.
- Top 10 Strangest Fetishes from Wild 95.5.
- 15 Scariest Mental Disorders of All Time by author unknown at onlinepsychologydegree.info.
- 5 Rare Mental Disorders You Probably Haven’t Heard Of by author unknown at online.csp.edu.
- 5 Rare and Unusual Psychological Syndromes by Dale Hartley Ph.D., MBA at psychologytoday.com.
- 10 Weird Brain Disorders That Totally Mess With Your Perception of Reality by Tanya Lewis at sciencealert.com
So there you have it. Small proof the human brain is wild, wonderful, eerie, enigmatic and powerful.
Check out The Mugly Truth Podcast’s episode “Fetishes and Disorders” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Libsyn, Pocket Cast, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or (almost) anywhere you listen to podcasts. Then all you need to do is 1) subscribe 2) download and 3) listen! AND!!! 4) If you enjoy what you hear, please leave a rating and a review (pretty please?). The more subscribers and reviews we get, the more opportunities we get to grow this podcast!
Don’t forget to follow us here at themuglytruth.com (click that blue WordPress Follow button on the right side of your screen) so you get notifications every time we post an episode blog! You can also follow The Mugly Truth on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Please also follow Kym on Tiktok at kymtok.
© The Mugly Truth 2020 and © The Mugly Truth Podcast 2020. All rights reserved.
Intro and outro music, “Clever as a Fox” by Espresso, Inc. through premiumbeats.com.
Featured photo Woman With Feather by JJ Jordan on Pexels.com